PreventionWeb has now launched a new initiative called “Ask an Expert” through which partners in the disaster risk reduction community and public at large can get expert opinion.
Each week, thematic experts and thought leaders invite people from all over the world to ask key questions, share concerns and comments for their take on the issue.
This week, we are ready to answer your questions relating to “Preparing for the Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction and its first Preparatory Committee” (http://preventionweb.net/go/37946) by our expert Neil McFarlane (United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction).
Ask you question or share at http://www.preventionweb.net
Some of the experts for upcoming sessions include:
– Giacomo Teruggi (World Meteorological Organization) on integrated flood management
– Julio Serje (United Nations Office for Disaster for Disaster Risk Reduction) on risk modelling and the use of past disaster data
– Gerardo Huertas (World Animal Protection) on disaster risk reduction applied to farming and animal stock
– Sam Johnson (Youth beyond Disasters) on engaging youth for disaster risk reduction
– Sushil Gupta (Risk Modeling and Insurance) on regional risk models
– Pedro Ferradas (Practical Action’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation programme -previously ITDG) on urban disaster risk management
– Rohit Jigyasu (Institute of Disaster Mitigation for Urban Cultural Heritage, Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto) on disaster risk management of cultural heritage